- The academic commences from April and concludes in March, it is divided into two terms spreading from April to October & November to March.
- End of the term Examinations are held in October and March. Progress Reports of these Examinations are given to the parents at the end of each term by holding parent teacher meetings.
SCHEME OF STUDIES
The school maintains high academic standards by implementing well rounded curriculum and carefully selected textbooks for classes PG – VIII. To maintain uniformity of syllabi and textbooks in all Army Public Schools, the courses from classes Play Group to VIII are designed and approved by Army Public Schools & College System (APSACS) Secretariat. The students of Metric follow the courses of studies recommended by Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Islamabad.
PRE TO JUNIOR SCHOOL
- Centralized Formal Term Examinations are conducted at the end of each Academic Term in addition to the continuous testing in the form of check point tests conducted each month.
- Promotion to the next grade depends on the cumulative result of checkpoint tests, First and Final Term Examinations.
- Supplementary examinations or on opportunity to reappear in a missed out paper is not possible. Leaves are not granted during the formal examinations.
- The students of 9th & 10th class appear in the Final Examinations held by Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Islamabad as per dates announced by the Federal Board.
- Send up examinations of Matriculation classes are held in the month of November/December. Pass percentage for the board classes is 50% in all subjects. Students securing below 50% in any one or more subjects are not eligible to enroll for Board Examinations as regular candidates.
PASS PERCENTAGE FOR CLASSES I-VII
- Core Subjects : 50% English Urdu, Maths, Science) for all classes.
- Non-Core Subjects : 45% (Pak St, History, Geography, Islamiyat, Computer)
- Play Group. All students will be promoted.
- Class Kindergarten-VIII. Students must secure 50% in all core subjects and 45% in all non-core subjects to be eligible for promotion. Students must be secure 45% marks in the overall total to be eligible for promotion.
- Class IX & X. As per the policy of FBISE
Students are graded as follow:
|90% and above||A+||Outstanding|
|80% and above||A||Exceptional|
|70% and above||B||Excellent|
|60% and above||C||Very Good|
|50% and above||D||Satisfactory|
Army Public School Mahfooz Shaheed Garrison Lahore was established as a primary school by Headquarters 30 Independent Infantry Brigade in 1981. On the occasion of the inaugural ceremony of one of its academic blocks in April 1994, Lieutenant General Hamayan Khan Bangesh (HIM), (TB), Commander 4 Corps, ordered its affiliation with the management of Lahore Garrison Education System. In August 1998, Headquarters 4 Corps decided that the school would be run under the patronage of General Officer Commanding 10 Division as an autonomous Institution. It was thus, handed over to Headquarters 22 Brigade in September 1998, Commander 22 Brigade was honoured to be the Chairman of the school.
It was finally merged with Lahore Garrison Education System in October 2004 and has been part of LGES family ever since. It consists of pre, junior, middle and senior schools with separately managed classrooms for girls and boys from class VI onwards.